In order to make sure that you can use Facetime with your eSIM plan you must:
- Make sure that the plan is enabled. Go to Settings/Mobile Data and ensure that the eSIM plan is set to ON.
- Make sure that you have a good signal for the eSIM plan. The iPhone sends and SMS to a specific number in order to retrieve the phone number ( MSISDN ) for the eSIM plan.
- Go into Settings/Facetime
- Make sure that that your eSIM plan is ticked under ‘you can be reached by Facetime at’
- Select whether you want your eSIM plan to be used as the Caller ID when you originate a Facetime call by ticking the appropriate plan under ‘Caller ID’.